Job Description: Communications Manager
Location: Bethesda, MD and McLean, VA
Employment Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000
Are you a communications pro ready to make an impact? Does co-creating and leading diverse communication and marketing campaigns energize and excite you? Montage Marketing Group wants you.
Montage is looking for a seasoned Communications Manager to join our growing team. Qualified candidates will have the skill, experience, and attention to detail needed to lead communication and marketing campaigns for a variety of diverse clients and communities.
About Montage Marketing Group
Montage Marketing Group (Montage) is a marketing solutions agency based in the Washington, D.C. metro area. We believe you should expect more from us: More purpose. More meaning. More impact. More wow.
While we host all the capabilities of a full-service marketing agency, Montage focuses on crafting creative, customer-centered experiences. See, hear, touch, taste – our events, experiences, and campaigns inspire action and build relationships between our clients and their customers.
Montage invests its time in projects that make a meaningful difference in the world. Whatever our task – we believe in going above and beyond. It’s all part of our ethos, and it’s lived out every day in our team.
About the Role
Serving on a broader team of experienced communications and marketing personnel, the Communications Manager will be responsible for full-cycle project management, including assisting in the creation and leading the execution of communications and marketing campaigns for government, private, and public sector clients. This role includes, but is not limited to campaign planning and scheduling, data analysis and reporting, content creation, client interaction, and other specific campaign and project-related responsibilities. This is a full-time, exempt position working at Montage’s Bethesda, MD and McLean, VA offices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
- Self-starter, inquisitive, creative, innovative, solution-oriented, and flexible.
- Strong decision-maker, independently or as part of a team. Ability to negotiate position, collaborate, and obtain consensus on a range of work projects and assignments.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with ease. Copy editing and technical writing with private sector agency experience or government plain language writing.
- Strong experience in leading and managing marketing and communications campaigns for internal or public-facing audiences.
- Experience working on campaigns, programs, and initiatives in Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access in the public or private sector.
- Experience creating communication work products (digital and print) including, but not limited to communications strategy, talking points, fact sheets, newsletter articles, press releases, project status reports, case studies, scriptwriting, video production, and social media (content calendars and online content creation).
- Superior time management skills.
- Program and Project Management – Manage communications full-cycle project management – from concept development and project initiation to execution and closeout.
- Leadership and Management – Oversee and direct project plans, task assignments, and client relationships.
- Strategy Development – Independently, or as part of a team, draft communications and marketing strategies and project plans, schedules, and timelines. Lead brainstorming sessions and execute on client strategies.
- Task Management – Manage and direct tasks of a project team independently with little or no direction.
- Relationship Management – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues at all levels of leadership.
- Business Development – Seek out new opportunities to create value and expand client scope of work. Support proposal development and pitches.
- 5-7 years of program and project management experience leading communications and marketing programs, initiatives, or campaigns.
- Two years of experience in diversity, equity and inclusion related programs or equivalent education/experience
- Multi-channel marketing experience preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of management experience.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative ideas and solutions.
- Successful track record leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience with creative development processes.
- Proven ability to identify strategic opportunities
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Focus on results and attention to detail.
- Collaborative attitude, a willingness to assist as needed.
- Experience using CRM, project management, internal time tracking, and expense management systems.
How to Apply
At Montage, we’re passionate about putting our talents, knowledge, interests, and experience to work every day. We want someone who wants to do more than punch a clock that pulls a paycheck. We want someone who is willing to do more in order to be more. Sound like you? Send your resume and other pertinent work history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.