Job Description: Communications Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000
Are you a savvy wordsmith ready to make an impact? Does co-creating diverse communication and marketing campaigns energize and excite you? Montage Marketing Group wants you.
Montage is looking for a Communications Specialist with strong writing skills to join our growing team. Qualified candidates will have the experience and attention to detail needed to create compelling copy across a variety of media and support communication and marketing campaigns for diverse clients and communities.
About Montage Marketing Group
Engagement and impact meet at Montage. We are a team of experience makers, subject-matter experts, and communications pros committed to doing work that makes a tangible difference. Through our work and in our lives, we strive to create more equitable workplaces, communities, and societies. That shows up in the clients we serve – National Park Service, National Institutes of Health, Target, Montgomery County Volunteer Center – and the benefits we offer – competitive salaries, generous bonuses, paid time off to volunteer, weekly personal training.
At Montage, we believe our diversity is our greatest strength, and we encourage candidates with unconventional experience and heaps of ambition to apply.
About the Role
Serving on a broader team of experienced communications and marketing personnel, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for creating and executing communications and marketing campaigns for government, private, and public sector clients. This role includes, but is not limited to, campaign planning and scheduling, content creation, copywriting, client interaction, and other specific campaign and project-related responsibilities. This is a full-time, exempt position working at Montage’s Bethesda, MD and McLean, VA offices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Confidence writing content and copy for a variety of media, ranging from business proposals to social media copy.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
- Self-starter, inquisitive, creative, innovative, solution-oriented, and flexible.
- Strong decision-maker, independently or as part of a team. Ability to negotiate position, collaborate, and obtain consensus on a range of work projects and assignments.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with ease. Copy editing and technical writing with private sector agency experience or government plain language writing.
- Experience working on campaigns, programs, and initiatives in Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access in the public or private sector.
- Experience creating communication work products (digital and print) including, but not limited to, communications strategy, talking points, fact sheets, newsletter articles, press releases, project status reports, case studies, scriptwriting, video production, and social media (content calendars and online content creation).
- Superior time management skills.
- Strategy Development – Participate in brainstorming sessions and execute on communications strategies.
- Content and Copywriting – Write and edit content and copy for an assortment of marketing and communications products, including taglines, boilerplate, social media posts, blog posts, how-to guides, business proposals, and more.
- Relationship Management – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels of leadership.
- Creative Collaboration – Work closely with in-house creatives and external partners to ensure cohesiveness and quality in written and visual communications products.
- 3-5 years of experience leading and/or supporting communications and marketing programs, initiatives, or campaigns.
- 3+ years of experience writing across verticals and mediums.
- Demonstrable experience in diversity, equity and inclusion related programs or equivalent education/experience.
- Multi-channel marketing experience preferred.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative ideas and solutions.
- Strong editor with the ability to spot errors and deliver the highest levels of quality control.
- Experience with creative development processes.
- Proven ability to identify strategic communication opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Focus on results and attention to detail.
- Collaborative attitude, a willingness to assist as needed.
- Experience using CRM, project management, internal time tracking, and expense management systems.
How to Apply
At Montage, we’re passionate about putting our talents, knowledge, interests, and experience to work every day. We want someone who wants to do more than punch a clock that pulls a paycheck. We want someone who is willing to do more in order to be more. Sound like you? Send your resume and other pertinent work history to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.