Job Description: Field Director
Location: On Location, Nationwide Travel
Employment Type: Full time
Montage Marketing Group (Montage) creates live engagement experiences for our clients’ audiences. Experiences may include event marketing, exhibits, tradeshows and conferences, mobile vehicle marketing, digital promotion, and interactive technology engagements. Engagements are custom to the audience need, client branded, and immersive or sensorial to drive impact and result.
Montage currently needs a seasoned experiential marketing Field Director who is solution oriented, has an eye for details, and able to motivate teams. The role of the Field Director is to ensure overall work quality and compliance with the delivery of the work executed by Montage field staff, both full and part time personnel.
The Field Director has the critical responsibility of being the eyes and ears of the team in market and providing training, encouragement and support for areas of work that are effective and successful, and corrective guidance to non-compliant areas. The Field Director must have the ability to lead, to direct and to train in effective ways that personnel respond positively.
The Field Director must show thorough and correct knowledge of the program, the logistics, and the execution that result in the goals and KPIs of the tour being achieved. The Field Director is responsible for analyzing and capturing information related to best practices so that those best practice areas can be replicable. The Field Director is critical in identifying areas that require training, logistical areas that can be revised for better efficiency and success, and monitoring of assets.
The Field Director must:
- have leadership qualities and be able to command respect and credibility and followership in a mutually respectful manner
- be detail oriented, insightful, and thorough
- have a grasp of engagement, what makes engagement successful and the ability to direct teams on how to improve engagement in ways that are meaningful and valuable to the attendees
- be knowledgeable about event logistics and execution of a mobile vehicle program
What We Are Looking For
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing mobile vehicle marketing programs
- A minimum of six to eight (6-8) years of experiential marketing program activation, work with health or education desired
- Experience as a lead tour manager with multi-month national tours
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve, develop creative solutions, and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Focus on results and attention to detail
- Experience with multi-cultural and/or community projects
- Comfortable in diverse environments
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including weekends/holidays
- Collaborative attitude willing to assist as needed
- Create and update internal and external field management-related documents including, but not limited to, event recaps, incident reports, personnel review reports, expense report forms, etc.
- Participate in weekly meetings as needed
- Use internal expense management system to accurately code and submit all approved work-related credit card expenses and corresponding receipts
- Travel for assigned project
What You Will Do
This is a full-time, exempt position working on the road and when needed at the corporate headquarters.
- Assist Project Manager in the oversight All of Us Journey activations and event logistics
- Lead and coach field teams (MEA1, MEA 2, Advance team)
- Recruit and train field staff
- Craft and lead tour manager trainings and refresh sessions
- Manage and maintain part-time personnel training platform
- Conduct evaluations of field staff
- Complete field team feedback forms
- Support field team review sessions
- Provide input for hiring process
- Evaluate part-time staff and monitor tracker
- Manage field team
- Stand in as acting tour manager/staff when necessary:
- Field team time off, emergency trips, etc.
- Advance team support
- Support tour operations driver(s) as needed
- Complete CDL A Training Course
- Serve as relief driver in emergency situations where operations manager cannot complete the role
- Support set up and break down when operations manager is unavailable
- Serve as liaison for field operational needs between field team and Montage production and program manager(s).
- Monitor and identify opportunities for:
- Digital enhancements of existing assets
- New digital tools and assets
- Assess and provide feedback on engagement metric and tracking tools
- Facilitate pre-event promotion in market connected to consortia partners to support MEA activations
- Participate in vendor, client, and program partner meeting/calls:
- Lead weekly MEA 1 & 2 team calls
- Represent field team during the weekly SME call
- Support in-person monthly NIH meetings
- Calls with market partners as needed
- Review and approve Network Ninja weekly recap reports
- Conduct market checks and complete engagement, vehicle and asset report for each visit
- Reports to include metrics and engagement insights
- Support Production with MEA DOT
- Review and update DOT logs as needed
- Research necessary travel requirements, permits, toll transponders, etc.
- Provide insights/considerations in routing
- Generate and present a quarterly strategic report outlining areas of success and opportunity
- Serve as brand champion for events, meetings, partner relations, PR events, media appearances etc.
Other areas for consideration:
- Strategically support program refurbishments and builds by providing input and recommendations
- Support bio-kit ordering
- Onsite post event survey capture through RedCap platform
- Visit key marketing events as directed:
- Gather field intel (new technology, best practices, etc.)
- Scout new talent
- Identify potential clients
Potential Monthly Schedule:
Who Is Montage Marketing Group?
Montage Marketing Group is a marketing solutions company based in the metro D.C. area. We approach what we do and how we do it with the core belief that it is time to expect more from a marketing agency. More purpose. More meaning. More impact. More ‘wow’. Our customers discover more with Montage designed and delivered experiences and events. Our experience marketing specialists empower people to do more, our people to be more, and our clients to expect more from their marketing efforts.
What do we mean by that?
Montage does not believe in transactions, events or experiences in isolation. We believe in creating relationships for our client and their customers. Relationships start with a moment. Montage makes the most of every one. We craft creative, customer-centered experiences that do more than surprise and delight. See, hear, touch, taste – our events, both live and virtual, we open the door for customers to experience the truth about our clients’ brand. We build experiences that build relationships, inspire action, and keep clients relevant in customers’ minds.
Who We Want for Our Team
Montage is looking for someone brave enough to find their path. At Montage Marketing Group, we’re as passionate about helping businesses reach their goals, as we are about putting our talents, knowledge, interests, and experience to work every day. We are looking for someone who wants more than a punched clock that pulls a paycheck. Montage wants to get to know you if you empower yourself with purpose and are willing to do more in order to be more.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.