Senior Director, Communications
Job Title: Senior Director, Communications
Location: DC-Metro Area
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $100,000 – $120,000 annually
Are you a clever communicator who’s comfortable working across an array of media? Can you capture the essence of creative ideas and craft a compelling pitch? Montage Marketing Group wants you.
Montage is looking for a senior communications leader to join our growing team. Qualified candidates will have the skills, experience, and leadership qualities needed to deliver compelling, strategic communications solutions to a cross-section of audiences.
About Montage Marketing Group
Montage Marketing Group (Montage) is a marketing solutions agency based in the Washington, D.C. metro area. We believe you should expect more from us: More purpose. More meaning. More impact. More wow.
While we host all the capabilities of a full-service marketing agency, Montage focuses on crafting creative, customer-centered experiences. See, hear, touch, taste – our events and experiences, both live and virtual, inspire action and build relationships between our clients and their customers.
Montage invests its time in projects that make a meaningful difference in the world. Whatever our task – we believe in going above and beyond. It’s all part of our ethos, and it’s lived out every day in our team.
About the Role
The Senior Director, Communications leads the delivery of marketing communications strategies and content development for Montage and its clients. Your efforts will start at the foundational level – assessing needs and mapping a path to success through brand development, communications, and content creation. Candidates should be equal parts creative and strategic, providing data-driven and results-orientated marketing communications solutions that achieve the desired outcomes while also making a lasting impression. This position supports both programmatic and enterprise communication needs. This is a full-time, exempt position working in the DC-metro area.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred with 15+ years of relevant marketing and communications experience
- Ability to familiarize yourself quickly with the agency and client’s brand voices
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and work in a fast-paced, project-based environment
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter, a positive attitude and a collaborative personality
- Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and drive action plans to deliver results
- Experience in communicating with senior level personnel, including agency executives
- Interpersonal skills to interact with staff and customers in a collaborative manner
- Excellent writing and editing abilities
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and craft recommendations
- Experience using Microsoft software, Wrike and Mac computer systems
- Strong knowledge of content management systems
- Agency experience preferred
- Lead, develop, track, and oversee comprehensive communications strategies across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate and participate in client meetings and working groups to ensure communication efforts align with agency and client standards and processes
- Partner with multiple stakeholders on the development, execution, measurement and refinement of campaigns from conception to completion
- Collaborate with internal Directors, Project Managers and Creative Team to develop strategies, craft messages, identify target audiences, prepare materials, and distribute internal and external communications
- Develop strategy and lead strategic efforts through producing, writing content, and reporting on analytics
- Evaluates effectiveness of communication plans and materials and provides insights and recommendations on strategies to improve projects to optimize performance
- Write and produce a wide variety of communications content including digital/social messaging, pitch documents, proposals, newsletters, press releases, and video scripts
- Ensures accuracy, clarity of communications, consistency, and alignment with project marketing objectives
- Perform other duties related to the core functions of the role
How to Apply
At Montage, we’re passionate about putting our talents, knowledge, interests, and experience to work every day. We want someone who wants to do more than punch a clock that pulls a paycheck. We want someone who is willing to do more in order to be more. Sound like you? Send your resume and other pertinent work history to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.