Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director (based on experience)
Job Description: Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director (based on experience)
Location: McLean, VA
Employment Type: Full time, Exempt
Are you a collaborative creative with experience designing print and digital materials? Do you love to bring ideas to life through immersive and integrated marketing efforts? Montage Marketing Group wants you.
Montage is looking for a seasoned Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director to join our growing team. Qualified candidates will have expertise in shaping cross-channel creative strategies and designing compelling communications both online and off. The role serves as part of Montage Marketing Group’s creative team and reports to the Creative Director.
About Montage Marketing Group
Montage Marketing Group (Montage) is a marketing solutions agency based in the Washington, D.C. metro area. And we believe you should expect more from us: More purpose. More meaning. More impact. More wow.
While we host all the capabilities of a full-service marketing agency, Montage focuses on crafting creative, customer-centered experiences. See, hear, touch, taste – our events and experiences, both live and virtual, inspire action and build relationships between our clients and their customers.
Montage invests its time in projects that make a meaningful difference in the world. Whatever our task – we believe in going above and beyond. It’s all part of our ethos, and it’s lived out every day in our employees.
About the Role
Montage is currently looking for a Senior Graphic Designer or Art Director (commensurate with experience) who has experience developing both print and digital materials across a variety of channels, including direct mail, email, collateral, video, and web. The candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative with strong interpersonal skills, an understanding of marketing best practices, and a passion for experiential design. The ideal candidate will exhibit a desire for personal growth and career advancement while positively contributing to the innovative and expanding industry of experiential marketing.
The Senior Graphic Designer will work collaboratively with strategy teams to create client-branded, results-driven, immersive and sensorial live engagements for our clients’ audiences. Engagements may include events, exhibits, tradeshows and conferences, mobile vehicle marketing, digital promotion, and interactive technology.
Candidates should be prepared to apply brand and marketing intelligence to develop the creative concept and bring the concept to life through design elements and immersive experience touchpoints. This includes utilizing technology (registration, data integration, results monitoring and tracking, augmented reality, virtual reality, web-based activation, digital experiences, touchscreen technology, etc.) and integrating environmental components (signage, branding, kiosks, displays, lighting, sound, etc.) to optimize the engagement experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position working at Montage’s McLean, VA office. This is not a telework position, except during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 8 years of agency, marketing/communications department, or design studio experience.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Acrobat), and advanced competencies in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in creating experiential engagements large and small, experiential marketing, event strategy and ‘live’ customer engagement design.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress theming and/or other front-end templates.
- Multimedia, motion graphics, animation and rendering software knowledge a plus.
- Strong communication skills and comfort level in selling ideas and concepts to senior management, effectively determining and interpreting needs.
- Self-motivated, proactive, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ability to take ownership of assignments from start to finish.
- Versed in workflow processes, efficiencies and project management.
- Experience working with both commercial and government customers.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Design internal marketing and client creative needs in support of the Creative Director.
- Participate and support strategy sessions.
- Actively contribute to brainstorming sessions and the ideation of emerging projects.
- Work to produce proposals, presentations and pitch materials in support of business development.
- Manage visual assets, including brand assets, photography, and raw video footage.
- Manage and produce, high impact creative to include identity systems, digital and print campaigns, website and mobile designs, infographics, emails, engagement assets inclusive of signage, kiosks, environmental décor, and renderings.
- Coordinate with printers, developers, videographers/photographers and other vendors.
- Work cross-functionally across internal teams with a collaborative attitude willing to assist as needed,
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including weekends/holidays.
- Attend weekly project meetings to review the status of assigned projects with senior management.
- Track company time accurately using the company’s internal time tracking system.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
At Montage, we’re passionate about putting our talents, knowledge, interests, and experience to work every day. We want someone who wants to do more than punch a clock that pulls a paycheck. We want someone who is willing to do more in order to be more. Sound like you? Please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio of work to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.