It’s almost August, which means Black Business Month is around the corner! Here at Montage, we not only have the privilege of working with several Black-owned businesses, we also love frequenting our local favorites and supporting the entrepreneurism of our Black teammates. As we head into August, we invite you to learn more about some of these remarkable companies and share others you think we should know about.
- Amy Joy’s Vegan – The most delicious berry muffins are also vegan! Amy Joy’s Vegan Gourmet provides North Carolina’s Triangle area with delicious weekly catering and meal prep services. When she is not serving up fresh and flavorful salads, elegant pasta dishes, and scrumptious baked goods, you can usually find Chef Amy whipping up the most sophisticated vegan menus for special events.
- Black Greek Letter Consortium – BGLC is comprised of the nine National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Black Greek-lettered organizations known as the Divine Nine. Together, they work to advance health equity and community enrichment alongside programs like the All of Us Research Program. The work of BGLC is centered on addressing and eliminating systemic inequities, social injustices, and health and income inequalities for people of color.
- Cooking with Joya – Chef Joya’s superpower is transforming everyday meals into extraordinary dishes that just so happen to be vegan. She has authored a variety of vegan cookbooks and developed thousands of delicious recipes and video tutorials. Chef Joya currently works as a private chef and cooking instructor. Her passion for cooking and sharing food with others is contagious.
- Groshell Logistics – Groshell’s expertise in transportation and move management is only matched by their exceptional customer service. They offer full and LTL trucking services to accommodate various needs, including temperature controlled, international, and specialized freight transport. With a worldwide network of partners, Groshell provide transportation solutions to every destination within the USA, Canada, Hawaii and Alaska.
- Hope Heroes – This sustainable, fast-casual southern kitchen is on a mission to transform the way restaurants integrate food and community. HOPE stands for the motto “Helping Other People Eat” and emphasizes the altruistic mission of this nonprofit restaurant. Hope Heroes business model ensures that each meal purchased provides immediate support to food ecosystems in the Fredericksburg, VA area.
- Heart To Heart Services – Dr. Johni Le’Ray Cruse Craig is a renowned author, speaker, and educator as well as a certified life and spiritual coach. Through her virtual coaching services, Dr. Johni offers a variety of courses and coaching plans to help her clients grow in areas of healing and spiritual transformation, business, and public speaking.
- JDC Events – The team at JDC know what it takes to plan and deliver seamless events. They offer a full suite of event management services to help clients plan, prepare and execute impactful experiences to scale. JDC are a valued collaborator in Montage’s work with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Provision PR & Events and Channer Consulting – These Black and woman-owned businesses are fellow members of the Montgomery County Small Business Association. Together and separately, they strengthen the local community through small business consulting, content marketing, event production, and public relations.
- Occasions, Inc. – Occasions, Inc. has a proven record of providing exceptional event production and travel management services. A longstanding partner in our work with the Montgomery County Volunteer Center, we always look forward to the annual MLK Day of Service as an opportunity to collaborate.
- Sage Services Group – Sage provides innovative solutions to the aerospace, education, and human capital industries. Led by Sonya Hobson, Sage specializes in system engineering expertise and brings a client-focused approach to help clients make operational adjustments.
- Star Power Group Associates – Struggling to progress your company but have too many tasks on your plate? Star Power addresses bandwidth needs of growing businesses through administrative support, event management, and special projects.
- Unforgettable Events – Influencer and event coordinator Edelena Butler is the mastermind behind this charming Charleston, SC-based events company. The Unforgettable Events team has a broad network of vendors and executes beautiful events with the highest attention to details. Edelena ensures each of her clients enjoys their special day without stress.
August is prime time to seek out Black-owned and -operated businesses near you and nationwide! Whether it’s food and hospitality, professional services, artists, nonprofits, you name it, we want to hear about it. Share your favorite Black business with us on social media and help us add to this growing list.
To discover, shop, and support more Black businesses, check out these directories compiled by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.